Losing your sense of style is so easy to do. With life and work sometimes taking over, it’s very easy to lose sight of yourself and also the effort you would normally use to create your everyday look.
As I haven’t been very experimental, I decided to pull an outfit together that shows my personal style and items that are inspiring me at the moment.
As I regularly wear denim daily, I decided to change things up a little and add in some gingham to give my outfit a current trend input. Gingham is huge right now and is such a great pattern to have fun with no matter your style.
With this pattern, I pulled together this embroidered white shirt from Zara and this denim oversized gilet. This isn’t normally a outfit I would create but I think it looks really different and embraces everything I love; oversized cuts, denim, cute boots and killer accessories.
If you are having the same stale dressing as I am, here are some tips to help get you back on track…
1) Excuses – There are none. You only need an outing planned to pull an outfit together. Whether it be a trip down the pub, dinner with your folks or a trip to the shops, if you are heading out the door, dress for it!
2) Inspiration – If you are stuck for what to wear on any particular day, head over to Pinterest and search for some street style or even visit Instagram and see what your favourite bloggers are wearing currently.
3) Get ‘that’ look – When standing in front of your wardrobe, scan the rails and pull out anything that jumps out at you. Then grab something you haven’t worn in a while and try mixing them together. This is always a great experiment to try.
4) Accessories – These are so important. They are like cheese to your hamburger – essential and tops off the whole thing perfectly.
5) Document – This is what selfies were inventing for – Take pictures of your outfits you create then can go back and see what you liked about each look for future outfit building.
6) Have fun – Style is all about self expression! Go on, try something a little new!
Gilet – Vintage (similar here)
Boots – ASOS
Neck scarf – Vintage (similar here)
Sunglasses – Sunglass Junkie
Bag – Sunita Mukhi